Rural Recreation Association 6th Annual Recreation Summit 2016
Eastern Ontario Active Transportation Summit 2016:
- Thursday, November 10, 2016 at Montague Centennial Rosedale Hall. Approximately 100 people attended. Most of the Speaker Presentations are available below.
- Key Note Speaker – Michael Brown, Two-time Olympian (2004 Athens and 2008 Beijing), current Canadian Record Holder for 200m Breaststroke. How he got to the Olympics? What role did recreation and community have? How has this experience influenced him in his career, recreation and community?
- Capital Investment - Creative Partnerships
- NBA Cares - Augusta St Park and Naismith Basketball Project
Jeff Mills, Mills Community Support
- Kevin Lee, Professor Algonquin College
- Gerry Lowe Memorial Sens “Rink of Dreams”
Art Manhire, Town of Smiths Falls
- Key Note speaker – Caroline Sharp, Executive Director, Canadian Fencing Federation; Extensive background in sport management; she has worked at a total of 3 Pan Am and 8 Olympic Games. Municipalities can take advantage of the momentum from Olympic Games to inspire youth and adults. Caroline Sharp will speak to some successful programs that have been implemented in rural communities in sports that are not typically offered outside of larger urban areas.
- Foundations - Creating Local Foundations - Types, Benefits and Local Success Stories
- Ottawa Senators Foundation
Brad Weir, Director, Marketing & Communication
- Perth and District Community Foundation
Connections - Pathways and Partnerships
- Friday, May 13th, 2016 North Grenville Municipal Centre, Kemptville, ON.
Municipal Drug Strategy Network Day
- Friday, May 27, 2016 - Tobacco – What is NEW and happening in my Community?
Dr. Paula Stewart
Medical Officer of Health
Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit
*Please allow up to 48 hours for an email response.